Awards for Best Practice Projects in Urban Transport - 2016
The 9th Annual Conference and Exhibition on ‘Urban Mobility’ 2016, sponsored by the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, will be held from 8th to 11th November 2016 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. At this conference, like in the previous years, awards will be given to ‘Best Practice’ projects in urban transport. Based on past experience, a few changes have been made in the award categories. Accordingly, for the year 2016, awards for ‘Best Practice’ projects in Urban Transport will be conferred in the following five categories:--
- Best NMT (non motorised transport) Project
- Best City Bus Service
- Best Urban Mass Transit Project
- Best Intelligent Transport System Project
- Best Initiative for Improved Road Safety
The following points may please be noted:
- Award proposal will be considered only for those projects / plans which have been successfully completed or substantially implemented on ground by the city / parastatal.
- Awards will not be given to consultants. However, entries submitted by NGOs and similar other organisations could be considered if the same is supported /endorsed by the State Government Department / Urban Local Body / Parastatal.
- The projects awarded earlier will be considered afresh only if it is felt that remarkable progress has been made since the time of last award.
- Additional projects may be considered by the Awards Committee on the basis of Emerging New Initiative.
Upload entries on http://www.urbanmobilityindia.in/Award/SubmityouEntry.aspx and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send two hard copies to IUT at office address mentioned below.
All entries are required to be addressed to the Executive Secretary, Institute of Urban Transport (India), 1st Floor, Anand Vihar Metro Station Building, (Entry adjacent to Gate No 1) Delhi - 110 092, Tel.: (91) 11 66578700-709, Fax: (91) 11 66578744
Last day for receiving entries is 15th September, 2016.